Sunday, June 05, 2005

A Great Read

I recently read Tuesdays with Morrie, by Mitch Albom. A fellow SouthernCare Hospice Chaplain let me borrow her copy and I can't thank her enough for the recommendation. For those who haven't read it, it is about how Morrie Shwartz (longtime Sociology professor at Brandeis University) and Mitch Albom(Morrie was his favorite professor in college and they had a close teacher-student relatinoship) deal with Morrie's last months of life as he dies of ALS(Lou Gherrig's Disease). My pen was in constant motion as I took notes of great insights and quotes from a man facing the end of such a terrible disease. One of my favorites is one of the last lessons Morrie teaches his student, "Learn how to die, and you learn how to live." Read the book and your pen and heart will be busy too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home