Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Real Jesus

I am preaching this month in our 8:45 service, with a series I'm calling "Keeping in Step with Jesus and His Mission." We have just completed a major undertaking with building a house as a part of the Fuller Center for Housing Building Blitz here in Shreveport. Our folks are extremely excited about participating in community renewal and we all have a taste to do more. It is my hope to challenge those in attendance, especially younger generations, to keep doing missional things, focusing on Jesus and living his kind of life in our city. As I am preparing for this week's segment of that series--"Foot-Functioning with Jesus"--I will be talking about what Jesus meant by "kingdom," what he was all about in this world and still now. I ran across this Slate article today on different views of Jesus. It's worth a read and gives a good perspective on how Jesus is viewed in our culture.

3 Comments:

Blogger Missional Jerry said...

I pray more pastors continue to focus on the mission of Jesus and pushing us all to doing missional things.

keep it up!

10/03/2006 07:11:00 PM  
Blogger Missional Jerry said...

thanks for the link to the slate article

10/03/2006 07:15:00 PM  
Blogger John Henson said...

Thanks for stopping by MJ. Glad you liked the article.

10/04/2006 01:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home