Saturday, February 25, 2006

Pants on Fire

Yes, those are my pants, underwear, socks and shirt being shoveled into a trash bag by our local fire department. It was part of our excitement this week when the dryer caught on fire. Jinny happened to come in just as the smoke was billowing out of the dryer throughout the house. She called 911 and Trophy Club's finest came quickly, but it was too late. My clothes were charcoal. I have asked for an investigation into why it was only my clothes that were burned up in the fire. We are thanking God that this didn't take place in the middle of the night and that no one was hurt and that the only damage was to the clothes (and my hip wardrobe) and the dryer (as you can see at the curbside), both of which can be replaced.


Blogger Johnny Leckie said...

Holy smokes! There are a ton of jokes I could make here, but I'm just glad that you and your family are all right!

Much to be thankful for...yikes.

2/25/2006 12:52:00 PM  
Blogger Gritsforbreakfast said...

You're really lucky, John. I just finished reading this item by a reporter friend - things could be much worse. Give my love to Jinny and the kids.

3/07/2006 05:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home