Friday, November 03, 2006

Pics of the Week

I took this from my cell phone as we set up for our Trunk or Treat event on Tuesday. Lauren Winner was in town last night, speaking at Cententary College. The topic last night was from her book, Real Sex. I'll blog about that next, but wanted to get some of these picts up. I took this pic at Jason's Deli. I couldn't bring myself to eat the Africa-shaped crouton in my salad. Ruth Drummond, principle Cellist for the Shrevport Symphony and ever-faithful church member at FBC, played for a luncheon we provided this week at LSU Medical School/Shreveport. We didn't have access to a piano, so she played solo Bach. It was beautiful and the med students appreciated a warm meal and some right brain stimulation. Her husband, Dr. Jerry Drummond, an opthamologist here for 30 or so years, spoke to the students about the value of church and spirituality, as well as inviting them to consider opthamology.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home