Thursday, December 08, 2005

Nudity--the new way of Church Growt

When I read the following article, posted by Baptist Press ,I remembered an interesting day in our first church plant years ago in San Antonio. The San Antonio River was flooding and had washed out a nudist emcampment near our church. I received a call in the wee hours of the morning from the police asking if they could evacuate the group to our church. I couldn't help but say yes to see how this would go over the following morning in church, even though I was fearing our Greet One Another portion of the worship service. It turns out that the police made sure they were fully dressed before arriving, but it was quite a weekend hosting them!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We turned no one away at OHBC! I hate to be the bearer of bad new, but Guy Littlefield's wife, Joyce, was killed in a car accident the week before Thanksgiving. I thought you would like to know.
Best to you, Jinny, and the kids.
Shaun Toborg

12/08/2005 05:24:00 PM  
Blogger Johnny Leckie said...

I liked the part in the article where they said they hoped to build a "strip mall."

All power to you guys with that nude outreach plan, but I'm pretty sure that it must violate some city ordinance...

12/08/2005 06:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home