Wednesday, October 05, 2005

An Ebenezer

This past Sunday we read Jesus’ parable of the vineyard in Matthew 21. At the end of his parable, Jesus talked to the crowd about the cornerstone(himself), how he is the One on whom their faith was to be built; how we are to build our lives on his agenda, not our own nor anyone else's. We ended the service with a time of response, where at one of the prayer stations you were invited to take a stone with you into your week as a reminder of the need to take Jesus into your life and week in your neighborhood, family, workplace, etc. ..

I would love to hear any stories or thoughts about your rock. Has it reminded you that Jesus is the Cornerstone of your life? Have you thought anything new about the need to take Him with you into your home, workplace, neighborhood, etc.

I would love to hear your stories, please respond with your thoughts/a story about what you have done with Jesus.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jinny Henson said...

More than what I did with Jesus, this week Jesus did something by himself in MY life. He showed me through my students how insulted He must be when I misinterperet His actions.
I gave an exam and the students afterwards sat around grumbling and one lady said my review was misleading, etc, as if my whole purpose was to trap them into making a poor grade.
I had designed my entire exam to test their higher level thinking skills and have them not just vomit facts but formulate thoughts integrating that information. I felt so hurt that they assumed the worst of me when all along I had good things planned for them...It made me think twice.

10/07/2005 08:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home